Whitetop Community Center
12,800 sq ft
- Markets: Office, Educational and Medical
- Location: Whitetop, Virginia
- Architect: Hill Studio
- 12,800 square feet
- Timber frame building housing a community library, medical clinic, offices, classroom space, multi-purpose room and kitchen
- Distinctive building materials match the center’s mountain location: heavy timbers frame the entrance and atrium; dry stack stone wainscot extends from the foundation to the windowsills
- For durability and appearance, fiber cement siding completes the exterior in a board and batten pattern
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for the Job?
- Their experience with various construction techniques – and their vast pool of resources – empowered H.S. Williams to enter a rugged area absent of urban conveniences, yet still build a modern community center that blends in with the mountain setting.
- The rural build site meant long commutes for workers and lengthy shipments for materials. But neither proved an obstacle in completion of the project.