Virginia Tech Dairy Science Complex
85,000 sq. ft.
Design-Build and Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings
- Markets: Agriculture and Education
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Architect: Thompson & Litton
- Building Erection: H.S. Williams Company
- Contractor: English Construction
- Building Manufacturer: Nucor Building Systems
- 85,000 square feet
- Pre-engineered building systems
- Barns, service buildings, passageways, milking parlor, office space and classrooms
- A combination of metal and masonry walls complemented with standing seam roofing
- Extended columns help accommodate the extensive wastewater control system
- Curtain walls open and close to maintain comfort of the cattle
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for the Job?
- The number of professional crews supplied by H.S. Williams Company allowed multiple pre-engineered metal buildings to be erected simultaneously, expediting completion of the project.
- Through contributions in design and construction, H.S. Williams facilitated corroboration with the contractor, architects, engineers, and the Virginia Tech Foundation, resulting in a complex that further enhances the university’s award-winning dairy science program.