Virginia Tech Equine Facility
19,444 sq. ft.
Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings
- Client: Virginia Tech, Clark Nexsen (architecture and engineering firm)
- Market: Agricultural
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Facility: Horse stables, offices and storage building
- Pre-Engineered Metal Building Manufacturer: Varco Pruden
- 19,444 square feet
- A pre-engineered metal barn and office space incorporating copulas in the design
- Prominent glass features provide natural light; heavy insulation systems ensure energy efficiency
- Beautiful clerestory barn design to complement an adjacent, existing arena
- 6-month build time
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Pre-Engineered Metal Building Company for the Job?
- H.S. Williams Company previously erected the Virginia Tech Dairy Science Complex, home the university’s award-winning dairy science program.
- When Virginia Tech needed additional stable space for their equestrian programs, they were confident in trusting the efficiency and reliability of H.S. Williams building projects.
Equine Facility Construction Challenges
- Manufacturing shortages threatened construction, but H.S. Williams’ position as an industry-leader expedited delivery of many missing materials, while others were fabricated in house.
- Despite wet weather creating unstable working conditions, H.S. Williams’ experience and advanced planning was able to push the build through.