VFP Manufacturing Expansion
41,030 sq ft
Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings
- Client: VFP
- Market: Industrial
- Location: Duffield, Virginia
- Facility: Manufacturing
- Pre-Engineered Metal Building Manufacturer: CBC Steel Buildings
- 41,030 square feet
- Pre-engineered metal building with five 15-ton bridge cranes, elevated slabs, wash bay, aggregate storage bins
- Integrated quality control lab, office space, restrooms, Mi-Jack heavy duty road bed
- Installation of dolly and track systems to transport VFP’s 70 feet long, 100,000 lb shelters through the production line
- 8-month build time
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Pre-Engineered Metal Building Company for the Job?
- After securing a new contract for shelter constructions, VFP had an urgent and time-sensitive need for a larger manufacturing facility.
- As H.S. Williams Company handled numerous VFP expansions in the past, they knew they could rely on them to complete the construction project within the new client’s timeline.
- With careful planning and coordination, H.S. Williams Company completed the expansion around VFP’s production schedules, allowing them to keep shelters continuously moving out of the facility.
Manufacturing Expansion Challenges
- Materials: Despite industry-wide supply chain disruptions, H.S. Williams leveraged decades long relationships with key vendors to acquire source materials.
- Weather: Considering the projects tight timelines, key elements of construction were conducted in the middle of winter, but H.S. Williams’ planning and experience overcame all weather-related issues.
Plan Your Manufacturing Facility Expansion with H.S. Williams Company
Do you need a similar pre-engineered metal building for your project? Call us at 276-783-3185 or fill out the form below. We’re anxious to build your custom plan!