Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company
252,000 sq ft
Design-Build, General Construction and Pre-Engineered Metal Building
- Market: Manufacturing with Office Space
- Location: Glade Spring, Virginia
- Design-Build Firm: H.S. Williams Company
- Architect: Cameron L. Wolfe Jr.
- Building Erection: H.S. Williams Company
- Building Manufacturer: A&S Building Systems
- 252,000 square feet
- Pre-engineered building system
- 112-acre site, more than 43 acres devoted to the main building and outside storage
- Building spans range from 40 feet to 120 feet
- Outfitted with an extensive network of crane systems to support production activities
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for the Job?
- Utility Trailer chose Southwest Virginia for their Eastern U.S. manufacturing facility, and sought an experienced, preferred contractor.
- With their knowledge of such building projects, H.S. Williams designed the plant to meet not only the client’s immediate needs, but also to facilitate future expansion.
- Design and construction were catered to the facility’s linear production process that is reliant on an extensive network of cranes and material handling systems.
- Implementation of a full perimeter wall light band allows natural light into the building, while interior white paint further increases lighting levels and promotes quality control.
- The project was delivered on time and on budget.
- Development of the 112-acre property required extensive excavation and wetlands mitigation. Thanks to the management of H.S. Williams, all stringent federal standards were met.
- When a tornado hit the plant, H.S. Williams Company secured the building and made modifications, allowing it to get up and running the very next week.
- During the following months, H.S. Williams rebuilt the facility to pre-tornado conditions – all while production continued inside.