Tadano Mantis Expansion
20,656 sq. ft.
Design-Build, General Construction and Pre-Engineered Metal Building
- Market: Industrial
- Location: Richlands, Virginia
- Project Manager: Kajima Building & Design Group, Inc.
- Building Erection: H.S. Williams Company
- 20,656 square feet
To support the manufacturing of telescopic boom crawler cranes, construction implemented a clear span, 40-feet eave that was reinforced for multiple crane systems.
12-inch-thick exterior concrete pads, 8-inch-thick concrete production floor.
20-ton capacity crane system
7-month build time
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for the Job?
- To meet client demand, the crane manufacturer needed to rapidly expand production capacity, requiring a builder that could expedite the process through familiarity with local suppliers, contractors, and government officials.
- Thanks to their expertise in industrial building construction, H.S. Williams Company was able to anticipate and adapt to the demands of an aggressive build schedule.
- New, stringent stormwater retention and runoff quality standards had to be addressed during site development.
- An extensive stormwater management system was developed to meet requirements, and help protect the adjacent Clinch River and its watershed