12,000 sq ft
General Construction, Pre-Engineered Metal Building, Design Build
- Client: Nicewonder Aviation
- Market: Aviation
- Location: Virginia Highlands Airport (KVJI), Abingdon, Virginia
- Facility: Corporate Aircraft Hangar
- Pre-Engineered Metal Building Manufacturer: Nucor
- 12,000 square feet
- Concrete and steel, fiberglass insulation
- Clear span pre-engineered metal building with ridged frame and Schwiess bifold hangar door
- Amenities include a heated approach ramp, heated floor with epoxy coating and pilot’s quarters
- 6-month project duration
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for the Job?
- Nicewonder Aviation needed a hangar for a new corporate jet and H.S. Williams Company has a passion for aviation.
- Our quick response to client requests, and six decades of experience with pre-engineered metal buildings, spurred shortened design time and expedited hangar construction.
- H.S. Williams Company brought several unique aspects to the hangar, including a heated approach ramp that ensures jet removal in inclement weather, and epoxy floor coating to brighten the interior and increase visual appeal.
Hangar Construction Challenges
- Working at an airport is a unique construction site that presents a number of challenges.
- H.S. Williams personnel had to remain ever vigilant of both ground and air traffic.
- Our engineers worked closely with the FAA and airport authorities to meet all guidelines on building construction, egress for the aircraft and aircraft clearances.
Discuss Your Hangar Construction Project Today with H.S. Williams
Do you need a trusted builder for a similar aviation project? H.S. Williams Company understands you needs! Our founder was a pilot, our current owner is a pilot, and pilots are on our payroll.
Call us at 276-783-3185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re anxious to build your custom hangar plan.