Natural History Museum & Gray Fossil Site
34,163 sq ft
- Market: Educational with Office Space
- Location: Gray, Tennessee
- Architect: Bullock Smith Partners of Knoxville, Tennessee; Vaughan and Melton Inc., Greeneville, Tennessee
- General Contractor: H.S. Williams Company
- 34,163 square feet
- Utilization of a steel frame with brick and glass cladding permitted for a soaring two-story entry
- Applied multiple construction and design techniques to accommodate the facility’s varied needs: exhibit hall, educational spaces, research labs, fossil excavation, media rooms, office space
- A bridge connects the second floor to the excavation site behind the building
- Delivered on time and on budget
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for The Job?
- H.S. Williams worked closely with the architects to bring their collaborative design to life – all while coordinating a construction project in the middle of a rare, active paleontology dig.
- Final construction realized the vision of clean lines with a soaring entrance, showcasing the area’s natural history. Several colors of brick were used to further heighten visual interest.
- H.S. Williams built versatility into the final project. The progressive planning allowed Hands On! Discovery Center to later relocate to the facility and operate in unison with the museum and fossil excavation.
Discuss Your General Construction Project Today with H.S. Williams
Do you need a trusted builder to meet similar needs? Call us at 276-783-3185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.