58,046 sq. ft. facility on 20 acres with a storage yard
General Construction/Design-Build/Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings
- Client: Lane Enterprises Corporation
- Market: Industrial
- Location: Wytheville, Virginia
- Facility: Manufacturing with office space
- Pre-Engineered Metal Building Manufacturer: A&S Building Systems, CBC Steel Buildings
- Phase I: 26,986 square feet; Phase II: 31,060 square feet
- Pre-engineered metal building with crane systems, loading docks, production and warehouse space
- Aesthetically pleasing and economical single slope building design with high bays for production needs; heavy insulation system for energy efficiency
- Phase I 10-month build time; Phase II 8-month build time
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Pre-Engineered Metal Building Company for the Job?
- To support East Coast demand for their corrugated pipe, Lane Enterprises needed to build a new facility.
- Considering H.S. Williams’ experience with efficient and timely industrial builds, they were chosen to handle the project in Wythe County’s new industrial park.
- As pipe demand continued to increase, the initial build was expanded upon, and H.S. Williams seamlessly handled two phases of the build.
- Despite the 2020 COVID pandemic, the second phase was complete on time and the promised occupancy dates were met.
Industrial Facility Construction Challenges
- Site conditions were not ideal: the 20-acre tract was once a riverbed and the soils couldn’t bear capacity.
- Acting as the design-build firm and general contractor, H.S. Williams coordinated with an area rock quarry and grading contractor to create a build-able site in a timely manner.