Foley Aviation Hangar
6,400 sq. ft.
General Construction, Pre-Engineered Metal Building, Design-Build
- Client: Phoenix Medical
- Market: Aviation
- Location: Virginia Highlands Airport (KVJI), Abingdon, Virginia
- Facility: Corporate Aircraft Hangar
- Pre-Engineered Metal Building Manufacturer: USA Building Systems
- 6,400 square feet
- Concrete, metal and steel with fiberglass insulation
- Clear span pre-engineered metal building with ridged frame
- Stacking hangar door allows moving of the plane in and out during the loss of building power
- 6-month project duration
How Was H.S. Williams the Best Construction Company for the Job?
- Phoenix Medical had purchased a larger jet for business travel and needed a bigger hangar.
- H.S. Williams Company has a passion for aviation and understands our aviation clients’ desires and needs.
- Our quick response to client requests, and six decades of experience with pre-engineered metal buildings, spurred shortened design time and expedited hangar construction.
Hangar Construction Challenges
- Construction in an airport setting presents a number of unique challenges.
- H.S. Williams designers worked closely with the FAA and airport authorities to ensure building height restrictions were in compliance and clearances were met for the aircraft.
- On-site disruptions were minimalized through vigilant monitoring of both traffic in the air and traffic on the ground.