From initial site analysis and engineering to project management and construction, H. S. Williams Company is the general contractor to oversee every part of your building project. By partnering with experienced and independent professionals, we provide complete building solutions from conception to occupation of the finished product.
What Makes H.S. Williams the Best General Contractor?
- Efficiency: For speed and cost efficiency, we can incorporate pre-engineered metal buildings into your designs — and cut your building timeline in half. We had a 60,000 square-feet manufacturing facility constructed and producing materials in just four months!
- Professionalism: We don’t use day laborers, only OSHA-trained foremen and work crews. Our crane operators are nationally certified, while our qualified in-house erection crews are experts in pre-engineered metal buildings (PEMB).
- Commitment: Throughout the duration of construction, skilled project managers and field superintendents oversee your building project, keeping it on time and on budget.
- Experience: For more than 58 years, we have proven success as a general contractor in practically all markets and environments — commercial to industrial, processing to distribution, entertainment to education.
How Does H.S. Williams Handle Building Projects?
- Assessment: We listen to your needs, then consider a building budget and construction timeline to achieve the desired results. Often, our experience helps clients identify needs you might not be aware of.
- Analysis: We incorporate a site analysis plan into the development review process. The result? Designs that utilize the site’s maximum potential, and with the least ecological and economic impact on the project.
- Vision: We team with the best engineers and architects to create a unified vision of your project. Before ground is broken, we can bring it to life with computer-aided design and 3-D renderings.
- Connections: We have decades of experience working with only the most trusted suppliers and subcontractors. By doing so, we ensure your project doesn’t run out of materials or manpower.
- Organization: All project managers, superintendents and foremen are in-house employees – not outsourced — and experienced in all phases of construction.
Why is H. S. Williams a Leader in Commercial and Industrial Construction?
- Since 1962, we’ve handled more than 6,000 building projects. In total, they account for more than
150,000,000 square feet of space!
- Our knowledge and skill sets are regularly recognized by leading industry organizations. We have dozens of awards and accolades for design-build, general construction, and sustainable building.
- We’re not your average contractor. From custom cranes and roof coatings to insulation systems and retrofitting, our versatile techniques provide clients cost savings and on-schedule project completion.
- From our headquarters in Southwest Virginia, we handle construction projects across six states: Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, West Virginia.